Thursday, January 22, 2009

20090122 Online Education


Followers of my older blog (you know, both of you..) may remember that I'm a fan of online college courses - not the kind where you buy yourself a PhD for $50 - nonono... Rather the other side of the spectrum - the kind where you get no college credits but get access to the course materials for free. (see Good Will Hunting)

Why on Erf would I do such a thing? Um, to learn something - duh! "Getting credit" for it is only valuable to a certain point. Actually knowing something I have found to be more useful in the long run.

All that being said - I found an interesting course on Harvard's site that focuses on XML and uses Java. What is very nice about this is that you can actually listen to or watch the lectures as a podcast. They even include PDF's of the slides shown and the examples given.

No comments: